Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wine tasting, flower festival and beaches: Costa Brava at its best




Last week I've been fully occupied, which I can not complain about.
First, last monday, thanks to a contest I won held by Costa brava Pirineu de Girona(FB page: https://www.facebook.com/costabravapirineudegirona?fref=ts), I had the opportunity to go wine tasting for the first time in my life and I've got to say it was pretty nice. The price consisted of a guided tour to the old oil mill, which produces the current oil of the enterprise Empordàlia and then to the cellar. After that, a visit to the "Agrobotiga Vilajuïga" where we tasted 3 different types of wine(white, red and garnatxa) and each type of wine were accompained by a tapa.        
  
Tapas and wine
Wine tasting Catalonia


I have never been the biggest wine fan, but after making the tour and the tasting, I wouldn't mind at all doing it again. Good thing about the visit, is that between the wine tasting and lunch we had and hour more or less andthe cellar is located   is near Sant Pere de Rodes, a beautifully located monastery due to its unique views over the northern part of Costa Brava. So my buddy Albert and I decided to go and check it out.
Costa Brava


The weekend arrived and even though the weather wasn't the best, I had decided to spend a weekend in the coast and Platja d'aro was the destination. This place is a perfect tourism located village with everything you need as a tourist you can find, from resorts to small rural houses, big and crowded beaches to the most lovely and beautiful "cales"(small and hidden beaches). 
My recommendations on this village is to walk a bit further away from the big and main beach the see the small ones such as Caval Bernat or Cala del pi, which with 5 minutes of walking, you will feel yourself lost in paradise and almost having the beaches for yourself.
For the evening, if the weather allows it, I recommend to take a walk in the seafront and have a lovely dinner at the seaside in one of its lovely resturants.
Cala del pi, platja d'aro

Weekend was finished and Girona temps de flors had started, I had early in this month dedicated a whole post talking about the this flower festival, which is why, due to its importance I couldn't finish this post in a better way than by mentioning it. This year, at least from my point of view I have just one word to describe the festival: PEOPLE. I don't know if it is just that I got really lucky the previous years of the festival, but I had the feeling this year it was extreamly crowded, even in the middle of the day when everybody supposedly are eating... Still though, as every year, the city of Girona is full of life during the festival and the streets of the old town dresses up in a beautifully and colorful way that it is worth to see.
Girona temps de flors


 Rambla de Girona, temps de flors




Next post will be about Braga and its Enterro da Gata, which I will be visiting tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment